< back to courses |
SEND TO A FRIEND | ADD TO FAVOURITES
In this short course you will learn to identify the specific dietary requirements of athletes and sports people, to be able to provide dietary advice and make specific sports nutrition recommendations that cover all phases of exercise, from pre-exercise through to recovery.
In addition you will explore the impact of the GI of food on energy levels, nutritional strategies for weight management and look at the specific dietary needs of vegetarians in sports nutrition.
Sports Nutrition will cover the following topics in practical and easy to apply way:
- Energy production and why different foods provide different amounts of energy
- Creating optimum diet plans for pre-during-post training and exercise
- Competition Nutrition
- Glycaemic Index and the Glycaemic Load
- The role of body fat and dietary fats specific to sports nutrition and weight management
- Specific sports nutrition needs for vegetarians and efficient protein sources for vegetarians in training
Study options: Join us on campus in Sydney or study from home (or anywhere!) via distance/e-learning.
Start Date: 13/02/2017
Time: Distance Learning
Duration: 12 Weeks