< back to courses |
SEND TO A FRIEND | ADD TO FAVOURITES
Organic Gardening for Balconies & Courtyards
Don't let space be a barrier to growing your own organic produce. Enjoy the health benefits of freshly picked organic food from your very own balcony or courtyard!
This practical one day workshop is bursting with information and tips on how you can make the most of the space you have on your balcony or in your courtyard to create an edible organic garden.
Discover the merits of moon planting, companion planting and how to successfully make your own compost or worm farm. Find out how, when and why it's important to eradicate garden pests and diseases without using chemicals.
Come along and learn how you can experience better health and the superior taste of your own home-grown organic produce!
Topics in this short course include:
- Growing conditions - soils and potting mixes.
- Recycling, compost, worm farms, bokashi, etc.
- Crops, herbs, vegetables, fruit trees.
- Correct planting methods - crop rotation, companion and moon planting.
- Organic disease and pest control methods.
- Reasons for growing and eating organic produce.
Study options: Join us on campus in Sydney.
Start Date: 19/02/2017
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Duration: One Sunday