< Back to list
NICM Symposium for Naturopaths and Nutritionists
Australia's National Institute of Complementary Medicine at Western Sydney University will host a Symposium to showcase integrative medicine research and promote collaborations between relevant research institutions, industry and government organisations nationally and internationally.
The theme of this year's Symposium is Integrative Medicine for Neurocognition and Dementia. Dementia is the single greatest cause of disability in Australians aged 65 years and older, and is the third leading cause of death in Australia (the second leading cause in women). Accelerating research and innovation in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management of this health area is a national and global priority.
Bringing together leading researchers, clinicians and industry groups from Australia and China, the symposium will discuss key issues relating to integrative medicine research and integrative care for dementia and cognitive problems, and related mental health issues; and help develop the agenda for future priority research in this field.
- Registration desk open, 8:00am
- Opening session commences, 8.30am
- Final session concludes, 5.15pm
- Drinks and canapés, 5.15pm-6.30pm
- Professor John McCallum, Director, National Health and Medical Research Council, National Institute of Dementia Research
- Professor Boli Zhang, President, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, China
- Professor Henry Brodaty, Director, Dementia Collaborative Research Centre; Co-Director, Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing, University of New South Wales