< back to courses |
SEND TO A FRIEND | ADD TO FAVOURITES
Trigger Point Therapy
This short course in Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy is an ideal extension for body workers.
Participants will develop a thorough understanding of how to treat musculoskeletal problems using myofascial trigger point techniques by learning about the application, location and pain patterns of Trigger Points and how to apply these in practice, throughout massage sessions.
At the completion of this hands-on workshop you will be able to:
- Identify myofascial trigger points and their pain patterns and outline the process for the identification
- Practically demonstrate the location and treatment of myofascial trigger points in major muscles
- Treatment areas covered include the major points on the torso (including gluteal area and upper chest), neck & face.
- Understand and demonstrate the stretching procedures used with trigger point therapy
- Incorporate trigger point therapy into a treatment protocol and demonstrate this
Trigger Point Therapy can be completed as either Continuing Professional Education/Continuing Professional Development, or by current students who have completed Remedial Massage 1.
Study options: Join us on campus in Sydney
Start Date: 04/08/2017
Time: 10.00am - 4.30pm
Duration: Two Fridays
Day One: Fri 4th Aug
Day Two: Fri 18th Aug